The Bigger Picture


I hate it when I'm discouraged. 
Amidst the good things that could be happening in my life, when ONE thing occurs that turns my life around in a different way than I had expected, I simply feel like giving up.

Well, let me start from the beginning. I wanted to get a particular placement for a job next year (so it can jump-start my so-called ''career'' -- yaay to adulthood!) but the decision of taking a semester off has sort of scarred this particular process as I am not in the city at the moment. I had called the person to talk about the situation and my return to the city, but all I could hear was the voice of ''sorry...if only you had stayed"  ...Really man?... 

While I think of why I am home, I know that I am here for a reason. I know a job should never come before my faith that God will provide the right job at the right time for me, but, just like you, I'm only human....

"So what now" you ask? ...Now I guess I'm going to have to suck up my pride and accept that this opportunity will probably not be granted to me when I get back to the city. I'm not gonna lie, but I felt hurt...and mainly angry that I won't be able to do it due to my decision to get some rest. 

In relation to this topic, I remember that I recently heard someone talking about when people get angry. The guy mentioned that anger usually accumulates when things don't go our way (majority of the time that is). I thought about it and even though I hate to admit it, it's true and he's right. I obviously really wanted this job, but does it mean that I would trade being home and getting rest for it right now? No, not in a million years. So now I stand and say that I really, and I mean REALLY need to learn to see the bigger picture. I tend to get frustrated if something doesn't turn out the way I'd planned, only to find that because it didn't go according to my plan, it turned out even better.

I've realized that each time I get frustrated over something (i.e. a job, a grade I wanted, a place I wanted to go to) the 'problem' tends to disguise itself in that moment as being the most significant thing in my life; however, it's time to realize that there is always a bigger picture.

Remember how your parents bought you that large box called a puzzle that had about 5000 pieces and you were so ambitious to complete it? Your main objective was to make it look EXACTLY like the picture in front of the box, so you had to make sure that all the pieces were in the right places. Well, let me be all mushy now and compare my conclusion to a puzzle.
Our lives are like a puzzle and we will be handed different pieces all the time; some will fit accordingly and others will not. The ones that don't fit could mean that they weren't meant for your puzzle to complete the bigger picture, and that's okay, so don't try to force it. But because life is unpredictable, that same piece that did not fit that time is simply being reserved to fit in another space, so keep that one in your back pocket just in case. Now all you have to do is wait for the right pieces so you can complete your journey to seeing the beautiful picture that was uniquely created and meant for you.
Kinda cute right? I hope this makes sense. :)


Sources: http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/123741/face-puzzle-pieces-seperate-31000.jpg
Sources: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/156/e/7/Life_is_a_puzzle__by_Esseti.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow My Blog!

Favorite Movies So Far...

  • 500 Days of Summer
  • Diary of a Mad Black Woman
  • I Can Do Bad All By Myself
  • Inception
  • Love & Basketball

Hit Counter