I Will Always Love You




"Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along."
-Anonymous


Have you ever really liked somebody and then you found out that there was something that you could not solve? Even if you couldn't solve it, you couldn't wait long enough to see if things would change, so your only option was to break up?

Have you ever broken up with somebody before it got too serious because you knew that if you were deeply in love with them it would later on be impossible to break up with them? 


This song is just beautiful in its own right; but besides the melody and the singer herself, the lyrics are genuinely true. 
Even though I've moved on and I'm in a good place now, I just thought about dedicating this post to those who feel like this is speaking to them. 

"...I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love..."
I honestly don't think its bad when I hear a song like this and it brings a bit of emotion and memories. Sometimes I think of the "what if..."...but then I remember that it would have been selfish if we had stayed together. 

A lot of people have feelings of resentment and hatred toward their ex's and that's totally fine if it ended on a bad note or even if it was worse. But there's a point where you have to let go....let go of the bitter memories...let go of the self-blame and let go of the wishing, revenge and regret. This song shows that it is okay to finally wish someone well. To love someone is to want to see them happy, and to put them before yourself. I'm not saying go out of your way and cater to your ex, or that you can't cry about it; if anything it's normal to cry about it and feel your nose heat up because you've blown it too much. When the sunshine does come out, I am saying that it is great to wish them well and say 'hey, we didn't work out but I still care for you and I hope that our relationship contributed into the making of a better person that you have become.'

One re-occurring sentence that I hear when I listen to my friends' break up's is: "...I wasted my time...". 
You didn't. 
Life is a lesson and by the time you find the right person I don't think that the things you know now you would've known without going through what you went through. Yes, it's sad to break up and it hurts like a..., but we have to go through it so that when that real (pun intended) guy or girl comes by you won't even want them to go through what you did; and you'll both know as well that you're human and you make mistakes so forgiveness is always key to learn over and over again.

I'm definitely not a relationship expert or anything, but I've never regretted any relationship that I've been in and I feel healthy now to distinguish what I want and don't want.

So...Ladies...Gentlemen, amidst the anger or hurt you might have, I want you to find at least three things (hopefully out of many) that you have learned about yourself during that relationship and spread your wings to living a healthy lifestyle.

With Love,
Blogger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow My Blog!

Favorite Movies So Far...

  • 500 Days of Summer
  • Diary of a Mad Black Woman
  • I Can Do Bad All By Myself
  • Inception
  • Love & Basketball

Hit Counter