Regret Is Not An Option

Bonjour! 
It's been a while. Too long actually. 
But now I'm back. So we're okay. :)

Today I randomly decided that I'm finally going to write that novel I've always wanted to write. I've been writing for a long time and I think that I've started about three different books in the last six years. Of course with my excitement, I even asked a publishing company for their brochure and I thought I was so special (they sent me one okay). What came in between my young dream was this thing called life;....and in hindsight it was a good thing. What I mean is, even though I didn't go ahead with finishing off my book when I was around 13, 15 or 16, I also didn't have as many ideas, depth, (and don't get me started on the vocabulary) as I do now. Being so young I did have that undeniable zeal for the idea of having a book, however when it came to the actual work, I got A.D.D. and was never to return again...


Now that I'm 20, I feel that it's time that I make those few goals I had for myself into reality. Please note that I'm not here to toot my own horn, but instead I'm here to encourage YOU to find that one ''crazy'' dream you had when you were little as well. Maybe your dream isn't in the same field as your degree so you feel like you are ''prohibited'' to do something else on the side. My only question would be, "by who? Who exactly is prohibiting you?" Most likely the answer is that it is yourself. Well, I guess I'll speak for myself and say that I definitely felt like that before, and now all of a sudden I just keep thinking WHO CARES...! Who cares if I do something out of the blue, who cares if I decide to write a novel and try to get it published, who cares if I try and I don't become the world's best author (well...). I know I WILL care when I regret not having that kind of mentality for certain things because regret is certainly not an option people. (Wow, I think turning 20 does something to yea, I don't know what it is but I liiiike it!)

My message today is, start making your thoughts into reality. Stop always thinking about 'what if', because honestly that's just mental torture. On a more serious note, repeating the 'what if's to yourself is like being on a diet and someone puts chocolate cake all around you and if you touch or lick it you'll be electrified. 

So reach out and make your dream into a reality because on Trust-Your-Instinct we go by: regret is not an option. Now moooooooovvvvveeeeee! *happy dance* oh yea! 


Sources: http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/21/2109/347ED00Z/posters/weedn-flavia-celestial-dreams-ii.jpg
Sources: http://www.seenobjects.org/images/mediumlarge/2005-10-24-make-a-wish-dad.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow My Blog!

Favorite Movies So Far...

  • 500 Days of Summer
  • Diary of a Mad Black Woman
  • I Can Do Bad All By Myself
  • Inception
  • Love & Basketball

Hit Counter